[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #459 -Posting abstracts

Karim R. Lakhani lakhani at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 7 14:40:11 PDT 2002

I run this website (http://opensource.mit.edu) which posts open source
related working papers. people send me the abstract and their actual
paper, and I upload to the website and inform the community about it.
would be happy to share the code and the scripts to make this happen

http://opensource.mit.edu/online_papers.php

runs on php and mysql database

jeremy hunsinger wrote:

> what we can do easily is take the mail and put it in the database then
> take the data and display it on the web in some manner, but we don't
> have any way to make it bloglike in any real sense and I don't think we
> would provide that interactivity that way.  We do have interactivity on
> the website though.
>
> mboudour at upatras.gr wrote:
>
> >Well, Michel's suggestion of a possible compilation among list mailings
> >(in this case, asbracts, papers etc) might be technically plausible
> >through an interface between the mailing list and a web portal or blogging
> >platform mediated by a data base (say MySQL). It's easy in words but who's
> >going to do it in practice? ;-) It seems to me that there is also a
> >conceptual (strategic) difficulty of how to compromize the mailing list
> >idea with the recent fashion of blogging without subsuming the former into
> >the latter. (Evolving systems?)
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >--Moses
> >

> --
> Jeremy Hunsinger                http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
> cddc/political science          http://www.cddc.vt.edu
> 526 major williams hall 0130    http://www.dromocracy.com
> virginia tech                   -under construction
> blacksburg, va 24061
> 540-231-7614
> jhuns at vt.edu
> this email was sent from my office
> ---
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
> /\                        - against microsoft attachments

Karim R. Lakhani
MIT Sloan School of Management
MIT Free/Open Source Software Research Project
e-mail: lakhani at mit.edu
voice:  617-851-1224
fax:    617-344-0403
http://opensource.mit.edu