[Air-l] Abstract: Measure of Discussion Activity in Threaded Discussion Spaces

Avner Caspi avnerca at openu.ac.il
Sun Aug 11 04:25:08 PDT 2002

Dear David,
I tried your formulation and it is OK with small amount of replies. When I
went to mass discussion out of the university forums, the d value is very
high and the interpretation can't tell anything (what is d=13.84? how much
this value is bigger than 2.4?).
Additionally, Rafaeli and Jones proposed a hierarchy of interactivity (e.g.
http://gsb.haifa.ac.il/~sheizaf/publications/finalGROUP99Submission.htm)
that takes into account more variables. It seems relevant to your paper.

Avner Caspi
SOHAM
The Open University of Israel
16 Klauzner St. Tel Aviv