[Air-l] October gems

Ulf Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Thu Aug 22 06:14:54 PDT 2002

Dear air-ls (the nobility of Internet research ;-):
I would like to point you to this year's German Online Research
Conference (GOR'02): http://www.gor.de/gor02/index_e.htm It will take
place in the beautiful University of Hohenheim's castle near
Stuttgart in Germany, October 10-11, just days before AoIR conference.

The conference features keynote addresses by Mick Couper (University
of Michigan, Ann Arbor) on 'Visual Design Effects in Web-Surveys' and
by Andy Mueller-Maguhn (Member of ICANN) on 'Battlefields in Global
Policy Development and their impact on the Internet', and a symposium
on 'Social desirability online', chaired by Adam Joinson (The Open
University, UK). Also there will be sessions on 'Ensuring quality in
online research', 'Cross media', 'Internet, Globalization, and
Society', 'Methodology', 'Online market research & e-commerce', and
'Internet-based experiments', totaling about 60 talks and 30 poster
presentations. And, I might add, the traditional Thursday night GOR
party (deemed legendary...).
The conference schedule, with links to all abstracts, can be viewed
at http://www.gor.de/gor02/programm_en.html

There is a 20% reduction on GOR conference fees for those who also
attend AoIR. Please register online at
http://www.gor.de/gor02/join_gor_e.php You are advised to make
reservations soon, because accomodation is limited in the Stuttgart
area.

Best wishes from Zurich,
--u