[Air-l] Ok, now a question on volunteers and their role in computing at nonprofit orgs

John Lannon johnlannon at eircom.net
Mon Dec 9 02:00:36 PST 2002

Denise,

I've done some research in the area of ICTs and non-governmental
organisations -  see http://homepage.eircom.net/~johnlannon/TechTies.pdf
for a copy  of my 2002 MA thesis entitled "Technology and Ties that
Bind: The Impact of the Internet on Non-Governmental Organisations
Working to Combat Torture".

It does not deal specifically with the role of volunteers, but if you
are interested in the NGO sector it may give you some useful references.

John

John Lannon
Tel: +353 87 8225087
email: johnlannon at eircom.net