[Air-l] literature question on e-gov projects/ issues

david_eddy_spicer at harvard.edu david_eddy_spicer at harvard.edu
Tue Dec 31 12:42:46 PST 2002

Mete,

In addition to the WorldBank link already mentioned by Lon, be sure to look
into the e-government links on the Development Gateway site:

http://www.developmentgateway.org/

You can search by several parameters, including topic & country. For
example, Turkey & e-gov calls up two reports that might be useful.

Also, here at the Kennedy School of Government, the National Center for
Digital Government has a page of links that might be helpful:
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/digitalcenter/links.htm

In the US, there's some debate about whether "e-government" is the
appropriate term because of its association with taking existing services
online (think driver's license renewal); some prefer the term "digital
government" as an indication of the underlying infrastructure and with it,
the connotation of a transformation of the relationship between citizen and
government, as well as among different levels of government. Semantics...
but important pointers to helping you sort out what _you_ mean by
e-government.

David

                      myildiz at indiana.
                      edu                      To:      air-l at aoir.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      air-l-admin at aoir         Subject: [Air-l] literature question on e-gov projects/ issues
                      .org

                      12/30/02 09:42
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to air-l

Greetings,

I am getting ready to write my doctoral dissertation proposal, in which I
hope to come up with a way to examine the eGov projects in Turkey.I am not
sure yet what my focus will be. Would you please direct me to the relevant
literature and/or people who might help me with finding the literature/
issues regarding studying e-government projects?

Thanks in advance,

Mete