[Air-l] Internet use and social network diversity

Andrew Herman AHERMAN at holycross.edu
Wed Dec 4 04:15:07 PST 2002

One place to begin is the Kollock and Smith collectionm COMMUNITIES IN CYBERSPACE, especially the chapter by Christopher Mele.

Andrew Herman

>>> knh at MIT.EDU 12/03/02 10:28AM >>>
Hi All,

I'm writing a paper on the the relationship between the use of different
information and communication technologies and the diversity of peoples
social networks. I have data from 300+ interviews with the residents of
four Boston neighborhoods. I would be interested in any references that
you might have on other studies that have looked at the impact of
Internet, phone, or television use on the diversity of social networks.

Thanks,

-Keith

--
Keith N. Hampton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Technology, Urban and Community Sociology

Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 9-522
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

Email: knh at mit.edu