[Air-l] Have you received something like this?

Adrian Higginbotham a.higginbotham at salford.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 08:03:52 PST 2002

don't know anything about tracking the source of the legality of what is
proposed but I do know that a friend of mine got caught up in the exact same
scam a couple of years ago, by fax rather than Email.
he thought it worth a shot and ended up loosing £2000.
he kept putting forward money supposedly for legal documents etc. he
eventually pulled out when he was informed that the money was held in a bank
in New York and he'd have to pay ten percent of it's value in order to buy
an international transfer authorization or something.

funnily enough I received the exact same message as the one in quoted below
this morning. must be doing the rounds.

Adrian Higginbotham.

SURFACE  (Salford University, Research Focus on Accessible Environments).

tel:  (44_-161-2954939,
fax  (44)-161-2955011,
Email A.higginbotham at salford.ac.uk
textphone  (44)-161-2953599.