[Air-l] Wireless telephony business-technical know-how

Rosenberg, Adam (SCH) Adam.Rosenberg at 6c.com
Tue Feb 19 13:01:39 PST 2002

    I'm writing a book for McGraw-Hill on CDMA Capacity and
Optimization and I need some current wireless telephony
business-technical knowledge.  A friend of a friend thought
I might get some help here, so I subscribed to this list.
I'm looking for somebody who actually does engineering work
in the cellular telephone business to give me the real, live
view of how decisions are made in provisioning Code Division
Multiple Access (CDMA) systems.  My own background is from
places like Bell Telephone Laboratories, removed from the
day-to-day operation of a system, and my own industry-specific
knowledge is almost five years out of date.

    McGraw-Hill picked my co-author and me because I have a
deep, intuitive understanding of the mathematical relationships
involved in wireless telephony and a twenty-year career in
decision support and optimization.  But I'm not in the wireless
telephony field now; I do revenue management for hotels.

    If my book is going to be relevant to its intended audience,
I need to find out some facts.  I don't need a lot of precision--
these are "thirty second" questions:  The person who really knows
will be able to give a pretty good answer in half a minute.
I know it's a long list of questions and helping me with two or
three of them would be appreciated (and mentioned in the
acknowledgements section of the book).

My questions:   http://www.the-adam.com/stuff/~4a5/queries.dat
My background:  http://www.the-adam.com/stuff/~letters/resume.pdf
My web page:    http://www.the-adam.com (just getting it started)

    Thank you for taking the time to read this far and even more
thanks to anybody who can help me out here.