[Air-l] Have you received something like this?

Gina Neff ginasue at panix.com
Thu Feb 7 08:23:59 PST 2002

Indeed this is making the rounds online, and I received a hard copy via old-fashioned post about six years ago.

CMC is quite good a mediating older scams.

BTW, the breast cancer site and the hungersite--while not scams, per se--encourage people to solict by email traffic for their websites, ostensibly to help raise money for those causes. However, both sites are run by a for-profit company with dubious accounting practices. I can send my clips on it if anyone is interested.

--g.

Gina Neff
Department of Sociology
Columbia University