[Air-l] Re: Outreach Working Group Charge, with a minor tweak

Lachlan Brown lachlan at london.com
Wed Feb 6 18:44:21 PST 2002

This is a very welcome and an important statement concerning social inclusion and particpation, taking into account r+d in
our universities, in industry as well as,
obviously, the public sector. It is a
helpfully misaddressed email. One that
surely should not in any case have been
confined to the executive of Aoir.

I would be extremely interested to know
the present demographics of AoIR, if these
are known. Even a rough estimate will do.

Lachlan Brown

>The purpose of this working group is to >recommend an "external relations"
>plan that considers how we might raise awareness of AoIR in the world, and
assesses what "worlds" to reach. WE ARE ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN FINDING,
HEARING FROM, AND WORKING WITH SCHOLARS INTERESTED IN RESEARCH AND
TEACHING THAT EXPLORES THE MANY CULTURAL, SOCIAL, AND ECONOMIC ELEMENTS --
RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER, SEXUALITY, CLASS, AND DISABILITY -- THAT
INTERSECT WITH THE NET AND NET USE.   The goal is not to target particular
people or institutions, but to assess where there are internet researchers
are not aware of, or not participating in, AoIR and to develop a strategy
for letting those sectors know that we exist and welcome their participation.

david

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a