[Air-l] tech in tenure

Ed Lamoureux ell at hilltop.bradley.edu
Mon Feb 18 11:04:03 PST 2002

<http://chronicle.com/weekly/v48/i24/24a02501.htm>
Ever So Slowly, Colleges Start to Count Work With Technology in Tenure
Decisions
The key may be a growing movement for peer review of Web sites and online
teaching materials

By JEFFREY R. YOUNG

****

This seems, to me, to be an issue that aoir should be "involved
in," institutionally. Strikes me that the exec. should probably get
involved in, at least, clearninghouse/interface sorts of
activities: making referees/experts available, listing same, constructing
criteria/standards/evaluation sheets, etc.

In other words, if any group has a "stake" in seeing that faculty get
value/credit for working in online environments, sure seems like aoir is
such a group.

just a thought.

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Associate Professor,
Speech Communication and Multimedia
Editor, Journal of Communication and Religion
Bradley University
Peoria IL 61625
ell at bradley.edu
http://hilltop.bradley.edu/~ell