[Air-l] name game

danah boyd danah at media.mit.edu
Thu Feb 21 10:31:22 PST 2002

Barry & gang -

I've received a bunch of emails from folks who are trying to find
relatives, and all of them have been genuine.  A lot of times, you can't
find folks in the phone book because they simply aren't listed.  I know
that i'm not in the phone book - hell, i don't even own a land line and
i'm not the primary tenant on my apartment.  I know that the desire is to
be skeptical, but i'm guessing that your emailer is just trying to be
friendly.

danah, who's remembering issues of trust are a big problem online...