[Air-l] Deep Linking

denise denise.argent at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 15 14:32:43 PST 2002

i know with my own site host i am supposed to always enter through the index
page and traffic is monitored....although i am guilty of posting
questionnaires which are unlinked and then giving the url to
interviewees...is this considered to be deep linking too?
i also am doing an online ethnography of an internet community and sometimes
use graphics etc that i have posted without links on my webpages...so when
my particular internet community home is accessed there is a 'deep-link'
back to my own website
i didn't consider this to be particularly illegal (apart from being against
the wishes of a company that i pay to host my web pages)...but i wouldn't
appreciate it if strangers linked back to my graphics in order to enhance
their own web sites.(i use the word enhance loosely!!)

Hmmm...makes me think!

D.M.CARTER
DOCTORAL STUDENT
CASS