[Air-l] Research on Internet in German & French

Charles Ess cmess at lib.drury.edu
Fri Feb 15 19:26:25 PST 2002

I would also add:

You will find some research on (Swiss) Francophone attitudes towards the
Internet in an article by Lucienne Rey, "Attitudes towards Technology and
Communication across the Multiple Cultures of Switzerland,"
included in our recent volume _Culture/Technology/Communication: Towards an
Intercultural Global Village_ (Albany, NY: State University of New York
Press, 2001 - Charles Ess (ed.), with Fay Sudweeks).  The volume also
contains a quantitative study of the infrastructure and cultural factors
affiliated with network diffusion, by Carleen Maitland, Johannes Bauer,
"Global Diffusion of Interactive Networks: the Impact of Culture."

Cheers,

Charles Ess
Director, Interdisciplinary Studies Center
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.                          Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA            FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
Co-chair, CATaC 2002: http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/~sudweeks/catac02/
"...to be non-violent, we must not wish for anything on this earth which the
meanest and lowest of human beings cannot have." -- Gandhi