[Air-l] new reviews in cyberculture (january 2002)

david silver dsilver at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 4 14:41:14 PST 2002

AirFolk,

   ***   feel free to distribute   ***

New Book Reviews in Cyberculture Studies (January 2002)

It's a new year and the Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies is
offering a slew of new book reviews.  New reviews for January 2002
(found at www.com.washington.edu/rccs/books/) include:

Stuart Biegel's Beyond Our Control? Confronting the Limits of Our Legal
System in the Age of Cyberspace. MIT Press, 2001.
Reviewed by Douglas Galbi, Senior Economist at the U.S. Federal
Communications Commission, and Jerry E. Stephens, Branch Library Manager
and Research Coordinator for the U.S. Court of Appeals in Oklahoma City,
Oklahoma.

David R. Koepsell, The Ontology of Cyberspace: Philosophy, Law, and the
Future of Intellectual Property. Open Court, 2000.
Reviewed by Arthur L. Morin, Assistant Professor in the Department of
Political Science and Justice Studies at Fort Hays State University.

Review Essay: Celia Pearce, the interactive book (Macmillan Technical
Publishing, 1997); J. C. Herz, Joystick Nation: How Videogames Ate Our
Quarters, Won Our Hearts, and Rewired Our Minds (Little, Brown & Co.,
1997); and David Bennahum, Extra Life: Coming of Age in Cyberspace (Basic
Books, 1998).
Reviewed by Erik P. Bucy, Assistant Professor in the Department of
Telecommunications and editor of Living in the Information Age: A New
Media Reader.

Each month, RCCS <www.com.washington.edu/rccs> publishes two or three
full-length book reviews. The reviews reflect a modest attempt to locate
critically various contours of the emerging and interdisciplinary field of
cyberculture studies. RCCS's book reviews section now includes
full-length reviews of over 100 books on cyberculture, the Internet, and
technoculture. If you or your colleagues are interested in reviewing
books for RCCS, contact us directly at <dsilver at u.washington.edu>.  As
always, please feel free to forward this message.

david silver
http://faculty.washington.edu/dsilver

To SUBSCRIBE to cyberculture-announce, a low volume announcement list
for RCCS events and updates, email: listproc at u.washington.edu;  No
subject is needed. In the body, type: subscribe cyberculture-announce