[Air-l] Re: increase in spam

Alan Rea rea at wmich.edu
Sat Jan 5 09:13:46 PST 2002

On possible cause in an exploit in a very popular form processing
CGI-Script called FormMail. Any Web server using a version older then 1.9
is open for SPAMmers to use the server via the processing script. It's been
going on for a couple of months, but more servers are now getting hit since
the word has spread. The easiest fix is either to remove the program or
simply update it:

http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/formmail.shtml

Later...

Alan