[Air-l] Reducing quotes

denise denise.argent at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 24 08:34:24 PST 2002

*I think that one of the reasons that there is so much wasted space is that,
through no fault of their own, people don't know their way around their
email programs and thus don't know how powerful the reply features are.*

i must admit that i was guilty of much unwanted quotation...but this was not
because i used to include previous email messages through being unthinking
but rather that when i am carrying on an email conversation or discussion
(which i often do)...then my discussion is all in one document without my
having to open several emails to see what went previously...then i can save
the discussion in my files, and i work by deleting all but the most current
message....i have never subscribed to any email list with the digest
option.....and so was ignorant of the problems involved.........but.....i
have learned from others experiences and am now much more careful about
manually deleting annoying 'amounts of needless quotation' ...a question of
email etiquette perhaps??

denise carter