[Air-l] Lurking

J. Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 22 20:42:33 PST 2002

Sue Barnes has an article that provides a useful survey of research on
lurking:
(2001). Why we lurk: A comparison of lurking and shyness. New
Dimensions in Communications: Proceedings of the 58th Annual
Conference of the New York State Communication Association, XIV, 1-28.

She also has a new book out which I've only seen briefly, but it's
likely to contains material on lurking as well:
Barnes, Susan B. (2001). Online connections: Internet interpersonal
relationships. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press. (ISBN 1572733764)

Regards,

Janet Sternberg, Ph.D.
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~js15