[Air-l] Lurking

Michael Gurstein mgurst at vcn.bc.ca
Sat Jan 26 09:21:07 PST 2002

The "Free Rider" concept suggests to me that the value of e-lists are in
their content.  Rather, I would suggest, the real value of an e-list comes
from participation, thus those who are only "monitoring/lurking" are not
getting as much value from the list (feedback, recognition, networking and
so on), as those who are actively participating.

Mike Gurstein

Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.
(Visiting) Professor:  School of Management
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, NJ