[Air-l] increase in spam...

Laura Gurak gurakl at umn.edu
Fri Jan 4 20:02:53 PST 2002

Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase in the amount of porn-type spam
they are getting? At least six people, including one journalist, have been
asking me what's up. I've heard from both academics and folks in the private
sector, and all seem to indicate a sudden (past 5-7 days) rise in this
stuff. I personally have noticed it as well. Anyone know what's going on?

Laura J. Gurak, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Rhetoric Department, University of Minnesota
1994 Buford Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108  v 612-624-3773
also--Director, Internet Studies Center -- www.isc.umn.edu
Faculty Fellow, Law School
gurakL at tc.umn.edu   http://www.rhetoric.umn.edu/faculty/LGurak/