[Air-l] Re: Porn spam

Cassandra Van Buren cvb at utah.edu
Mon Jan 14 09:46:09 PST 2002

Hello,

While I have not received porn spam or other types of spam at my
university email account (makes me wonder if the U filters it for me),
for the past 6 mos. or so I have received between 10-20 spams/week of
various types at my personal email account. The porn spams have become
increasingly graphic, with images embedded. I attribute these spams to
the fact that my personal address is listed with Internic as the
administrative address for a domain I control (vanburns.com).

The information in the porn spams seem to indicate that the links lead
to heterosexual porn sites, leading me to think that the spammers'
assumption is that most domain administrators are heterosexual males.
Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Cassandra

Cassandra Van Buren, Ph.D.