[Air-l] Air-L list or archive raided for e-mail addresses by spammer?!

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Jan 21 06:37:32 PST 2002

yes, it happens quite frequently that either we or google get scanned
for e-mail addressed in the archives.  not much actually  nothing can be
done other than not having archives.  the archives are set to remove
addressed from the headers, but because some people respond to digests
that contain e-mail addresses in them, the archives contain many
addresses and there is not much that can be done about that other than
deleting a large section of the archives.  even turning them to private,
which I would not like to see happen, does not prevent a bot from
getting to them by joining and unjoining, which good bots can do.

--
jeremy hunsinger		http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
cddc/political science		http://www.cddc.vt.edu