[Air-l] spam, if you can't lick 'em...

michael gurstein mgurst at vcn.bc.ca
Tue Jan 22 09:31:43 PST 2002

I'm not exactly sure why people get bent out of shape by Spam.  I find some
interest, exotic/amusing/commercial/sociological/scatalogical from about
one out of every 10 spam messages--not too far off the percentage for most
email lists I inhabit ;-) and roughly the same percentage I get from "junk
mail".

I agree, that the lack of real cost in distributing Spam would, without
some continuing counterpressure, result in it becoming overwhelming, but I
must say I don't find it the problem others seem to, at least so long as I
have my "d" finger intact...

MG