[Air-l] Introduction and request

Laurel Ralston Laurie.Ralston at asu.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:34:32 PST 2002

Hello,

I'm a doctoral student at Pepperdine University and am kicking up the dust
trying to get started on my dissertation.  Originally I was going to
research online friendship evolution, but am now looking at the more meatier
subject of how friendship affects online cooperation (in learning and
working situations).  My chair has pointed me toward Peter Kollack as a
resource for online cooperation and Warren Sack for mapping Usenet...

I've read much of the work of Steve Jones, Nancy Baym and others that
frequent this list.  I'd love to receive any other resources that might be
helpful, particularly in the area of online cooperation, to which I am a bit
new.

Thanks,

Laurie Ralston
Assistant Project Manager