[Air-l] Re: increase in SPAM

Valdis valdis at orgnet.com
Sat Jan 5 09:18:02 PST 2002

yes, I have noticed an increase in the last several months and just this
morning [Saturday] 80% of the emails that arrived overnight were spam!  IMHO
the best thing to do is immediately forward the emails to: abuse@[lookup
abuser's ISP from originating IP address using a WhoIs ].  As the first line on
the Forwarded email I add:  ***   SPAM from your customer: 12.86.200.18   ***
[the last one I received this AM]

I'm sure many of us on this list receive the same SPAM.  If everyone starts
doing this maybe the guilty ISPs will start to police their own better.

I have noticed a drop in the Yahoo mail from Nigeria attempting fraudulent
money transfers... they have gone over to other ISPs but overall the volume has
dropped tremendously.

Valdis Krebs
http://www.orgnet.com