[Air-l] Flame Wars

Frank Schaap architext at fragment.nl
Thu Jan 10 07:36:09 PST 2002

Robert wrote:
> Has anyone out there participated in a flame war?(The more recent, the
> better.) If so, I'd been interested in hearing about it.

I'd be interested to know normal an occurance a flamewar is. Sort of a
statistical thing: how many people experience being in a flamewar how often.

I've seen some happen here and there, but those with explicit name calling (in
my personal observation) seem limited to Usenet and don't much happen on the
mailinglists I frequent. Personally I think I've never been a participant in a
flamewar, even though as a list moderator I've had to solve some thorny
issues... maybe because I don't hit send immediately, even when I feel miffed.

Frank.
(not much of an informant today)

--
The Cyberculture, Identity and Gender Resources
==> http://fragment.nl/resources/