[Air-l] re: introduction

Lachlan Brown lachlan at london.com
Wed Jan 30 14:53:44 PST 2002

 Ben,

No I live in Toronto, but of course I am
very familiar with South East London.

I taught at Goldsmiths College in 1994-96,
and I am working on an electronic project
called Coalition – ‘against hate online
and racism anywhere’ which is a
co-publication of Thirdnet Limited (my
publishing company) and the Centre for
Urban and Community Research at
Goldsmiths. It incorporates memories
and witness of the growth of diversity,
community, and justice in Lewisham
drawn from Joan Anim Addo’s work and
the lifelong work of others. It is
dedicated  to everyone who knows or
remembers Laurie Grove SE14 and the
remarkable community of researchers
there, and it celebrates affinity
across and in spite of the processes
of globalization.

 I am familiar with your action research
in Ethical Strife. I am sure Morley,
McRobbie and Geraghty at Goldsmiths will
be interested in it too, hence I cc to
them.

Perhaps we can chat about your work in Internet and the Large Group sometime.

Big up the Marquis of Granby for me.

No strife, my opener is just a reference
to the blocking of a post I made. I
have a few points as a scholar of Internet,
and as a Dad, to make to the assembled
Association of Internet Researchers at this critical time in defining public service internet and commercial internet and the
ethics and the Law that applies to each.

Take care

Lachlan Brown

Don't know yet..

I live just down the road from Goldsmiths - do you live in this part of
London?

Ben

> Hello, my name is Lachlan Brown and I do Cultural Studies.
>
> Anyone got a problem with that?

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a