[Air-l] Porn spam ...

Ken Friedman ken.friedman at bi.no
Sat Jan 5 09:20:35 PST 2002

Laura Gurak asks, "Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase in the
amount of porn-type spam they are getting?"

Yes, I have.

I observe that much of this material seems to come via third-world
nations, especially Russia. This means that European privacy laws --
and North American laws, when they are created -- will not be of much
use in stopping the problem.

A vast amount of the spam I am getting these days is HTML mail that
has embedded links that do not work with my email program. I couldn't
respond if I wanted to do so.

--

Ken Friedman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design

Visiting Professor
Advanced Research Institute
School of Art and Design
Staffordshire University