[Air-l] RE: [Air-l]Answers'Studying newsgroups'

Joao Vieira da Cunha jvc at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 08:40:39 PST 2002

A few people asked me to share the answers to my question on newsgroup
analysis, so here they go (although these are more questions than answers):

1. Several people shared links to Network analysis software, I have used
this software for email but I still have to find an useful way to use it on
newsgroups because most of the postings are to the group as a whole.

2. Off-the-shelf qualitative data analysis: great but all of the packages
from Sage can't work with more than 500 records (unless you are willing to
wait 20 min to rename a document). I have 3000 (which is small as far as
newsgroups go)

Any suggestions

Joao