[Air-l] Technology in Hollywood - Summary

Frank Schaap architext at fragment.nl
Thu Jan 31 02:47:39 PST 2002

Ulla wrote:
> Couple of weeks ago I asked for help with finding movie scenes in which
> technology is integrated into everyday life situations of the movie
> characters.

Earlier I mentioned the hilarious MovieOS, which does all the things
computers in Hollywood movies do. I finally tracked down its origins (?) to
the Userfriendly comic. The storyline about the MovieOS starts here:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010111

and continues for a couple of weeks (you'll have to click through a couple
of different storylines that intersect with this storyline, but it's worth
it).

There's also a nice page "Things Computers Can Do in Movies" (with a couple
of references to movies) here:

http://curby.dhs.org/data/quotes/MovieComputing.html

Enjoy :)

Frank.