[Air-l] roundtable for air 3.0

david silver dsilver at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 31 22:03:44 PST 2002

Folks,

I'm putting together a roundtable for AIR 3.0 (aoir.org/2002) which as
most of you know will be in Maastricht on October 13-16, 2002 and whose
deadline for submission as most of you may wish to forget is, eeks,
February 15.

I have assembled a number of participants who will discuss RESEARCH GAPS
in the field of Internet studies.  We are interested in discussing not
necessarily what has been done, but rather what hasn't been done, what
needs to be done, and what directions can and should be taken by today's
and tomorrow's Internet scholars.

I am looking for a few more participants to fill out our roundtable.  In
particular, I am interested in someone who can speak to research gaps in:
a) scholarship from outside the USA and English-speaking countries; b)
issues of cultural diversity, including race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality,
disability, and class; and c) questions regarding 'next generation'
Internet (cellular phone-based messaging, massively multiplayer games,
etc).

We are looking for folks who feel comfortable talking about The Big
Picture, folks who have a rich grasp upon (and opinions about) where we've
been as an emerging field and where we should be going.  If interested,
please email me (dsilver at u.washington.edu) offlist by FEBRUARY 5.  Please
include a brief description of the kinds of questions/issues you would
like to cover, as well as any relevant qualifications.  Thank you!

david silver
http://faculty.washington.edu/dsilver