[Air-l] invitation - special session on robotherapy

libina at georgetown.edu libina at georgetown.edu
Wed Jul 3 17:53:28 PDT 2002

Hi everyone,

 In addition to the previous announcement and call for papers for VSMM
 2002 this September in Korea (see -
 http://www.vsmm.org/2002/welcome.htm),
 I would like to call for papers and participation in the first
 robotherapy session which is now a part of the VSMM 2002 conference on
 September 25.

 Robotherapy is a new field that studies psychological aspects of
 person-robot interactions (as an example I can refer to our study on
 robotic cat NeCoRo as an intervention for persons with dementia in
 nursing home – see
 http://www.researchinstituteonaging.org/robocat1.htm).

 Those who interested in participation and writing a paper for the
 conference proceedings (2 – 10 pages), please contact me (Dr.Alex
 Libin) directly at libina at georgetown.edu. Authors will have an
 extended deadline for submission of July 17 (camera ready papers are
 due in August).

 Thank you and I am looking forward to meeting you at VSMM 2002!

 Regards,
 Alex Libin,
 Chair, Robotherapy Session at VSMM 2002

 Alexander Libin, Ph.D.
 Research Associate/Project Director
 Research Institute on Aging
 http://www.researchinstituteonaging.org/
 Tel.:(301) 770-8459, Fax:(301) 770-8455
 Affiliated Faculty, Department of Psychology,
 Georgetown University, Washington DC
 http://www.georgetown.edu/departments/psychology/faculty/libin_new.html