[Air-l] hacktivism research in Germany

Alexandra Samuel samuel at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 11 04:57:35 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I¹m a Ph.d. candidate in PoliticalScience at Harvard, where I¹m working on a
dissertation about hacktivism (the phenomenon of politically motivated
computer hacking).  As part of my dissertation research, I am going to spend
a couple of months next spring/summer (2003) in Germany, conducting research
on the Computer Chaos Club, a prominent German hacker organization.

I am hoping to find a  research institute or university department that I
can use as a home base while I am in Germany,  ideally in Berlin. I don¹t
need an office, and I am happy to lecture or provide research support ‹ I
have taught, written, and consulted extensively on e-politics/e-democracy so
have some knowledge and research skills to offer.  I am also reasonably
functional in German. But it would be very helpful to have some sort of
academic affiliation while in Germany. Does anyone have a suggestion, or
interest in having an Internet-oriented colleague for a couple of months?

More info on my research and background is available on my web site at
http://www.alexandrasamuel.com.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alex
--
Alexandra Samuel