[Air-l] query correction

Eszter Hargittai eszterlists at netscape.net
Fri Jul 5 11:50:25 PDT 2002

Hi, sorry for reposting this, but I realized there was a mistake in my post that makes a substantive difference.  I should have said NOT simply phone-based surveys.  Here's my original query in full again.  Apologies for cluttering your mailboxes. -- Eszter

Hi,

I'm looking for some references to publications about studies that used random sampling to recruit respondents _and_ required respondents to travel to the study location (so they were not simply, say, phone-based interviews).  Mine is such a study (http://www.webuse.org ) and I'm in need of some references for comparison.   I know of experimental, quasi-experimental and focus group studies, but none of the ones I know of used random sampling.  I would greatly appreciate any pointers.  The studies don't have to be IT related as the focus here is on response rates in general and methodology.

Thanks!

Eszter