[Air-l] Great Ethical disasters in Internet Research?

Quentin (Gad) Jones qgjones at acm.org
Wed Jul 10 16:53:20 PDT 2002

More about Journalists and internet research.

A quote from Wired magazine

"Nardi is a tall, sober-looking researcher"

I do not know how many of you have come across Bonnie Nardi at CHI,
CSCW, etc. but she is a little over 5 foot tall.  While I have not seen
her drunk, I would not describe her as "sober-looking".

I had the great pleasure of working with Journalists all over the world
while serving in the Israeli army.  I was amazed at how well Journalists
were able to organize riots to be repeated so that footage could be
taken from the correct angle, at the same time serious research seems to
be much harder work.

Quentin