[Air-l] Fwd: politics and ideology of search engines

nisaacson at sociology.rutgers.edu nisaacson at sociology.rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 10 08:17:53 PDT 2002

Perhaps the list can give me some suggestions for discovering more about the
politics and ideological approaches of specific search engines.  I'm familiar
with Hargittai's work on channeling content online as well as Introna and
Nissenbaum's research on the general politics of search engines.  However, does
anyone have any knowledge/references about the specific ideologies and politics
that affect how search engines such as google, excite, goaskjeeves and yahoo
index particular web sites?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nicole Isaacson, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow