[Air-l] Web-based Surveys

lakhani at mit.edu lakhani at mit.edu
Fri Jun 28 10:11:30 PDT 2002

i would highly recommend that you "roll your own" survey instead of relying on
the pre-packaged variety.  i have run over 4 web based surveys (n =200 -
800/survey) and found that you can do wonders with a smart undergraduate who
knows perl and html.  all my surveys were password protected and generated
unique id's for the participants.  it is then a trivial task to create a comma
seperated values file that can be inputted into any database or stats package.
you can even create a reports page that would give upto date summary statistics
on the data.

hth,

karim

Quoting Berquist at uts.cc.utexas.edu: