[Air-l] Science News Online: The Social Net

Jenny Stromer-Galley jstromer at asc.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:19:05 PDT 2002

RE: [Air-l] Science News Online: The Social NetInteresting question. My sense is that if a researcher is looking at an archive of discussion, as long as the participants remain anonymous in the research findings write-up, such analysis is fine and ethical. My human subjects board would require me to file with them to notify them that I was doing such archival work, but such research would be exempt from any formal oversight by the human subjects board.

~Jenny