[Air-l] evaluating web sites

Ronald E. Rice rrice at scils.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 5 18:31:11 PDT 2002

Also, there are chapters (with references to prior academic web site
evaluations) on evaluating health web sites in
Rice, R.E. & Katz, J.E. (Eds.) (2001). The Internet and Health
Communication.  Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Rice, R.E. & Atkin, C. (Eds.) (2001). Public Communication Campaigns, 3rd
ed.  Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

Ronald E. Rice
Professor, Chair of Department of Communication
School of Communication, Information & Library Studies
Rutgers University
4 Huntington St., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1071
w: 732-932-7500, ext. 8122; f: 732-932-6916
e: rrice at scils.rutgers.edu; http://scils.rutgers.edu/~rrice

> From: Joyce.Lamerichs at Alg.VLK.WAU.NL
> To: air-l at aoir.org
> Subject: [Air-l] Evaluating websites
>

> Dear all,
>
> An increasing number of students at our department are interested in doing
a project in which they want to evaluate the website of a particular
organisation. The criteria I want them to look in doing so at are not only
strictly technical, but have to take into account communicational aspects as
well (e.g. with regard to the information that is presented and how is
presented: readable-clear-transparant-trustworthy etc).
> So far I have come up with a small number of Dutch references that address
these issues; I often refer to Jakob Nielsen's work and a number of Internet
references (sometimes rather 'obscure' websites of small companies or
individuals) and that is about it.... Does anybody have further reading
suggestions on this?