[Air-l] Evaluating websites

Joyce.Lamerichs at Alg.VLK.WAU.NL Joyce.Lamerichs at Alg.VLK.WAU.NL
Mon Jun 3 14:38:15 PDT 2002

Dear all,

An increasing number of students at our department are interested in doing a project in which they want to evaluate the website of a particular organisation. The criteria I want them to look in doing so at are not only strictly technical, but have to take into account communicational aspects as well (e.g. with regard to the information that is presented and how is presented: readable-clear-transparant-trustworthy etc).
So far I have come up with a small number of Dutch references that address these issues; I often refer to Jakob Nielsen's work and a number of Internet references (sometimes rather 'obscure' websites of small companies or individuals) and that is about it.... Does anybody have further reading suggestions on this?
I'll be glad to send the results of my query back to the list!

Joyce Lamerichs
Communication and Innovation Studies
Wageningen University