[Air-l] Young People and New Media - New book announcement

Livingstone,S S.Livingstone at lse.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 05:43:00 PDT 2002

* * * New Book Announcement * * *
Young People and New Media
Sonia Livingstone, London School of Economics and Political Science
Combining a critical literature review with original empirical research on young people's use of new media, this book provides an in-depth discussion of the increasingly complex relationship between the media and childhood, the family and the home.
We can no longer imagine our daily lives without media and communication technologies. At the start of the 21st century, the home is being transformed into the site of a multimedia culture. This book looks at the discussions around the potential benefits of this new media and asks: What influences are the new media having on childhood and young people? Are these technologies changing the nature of young people's leisure and sociability?
April 2002 London: Sage 240 pages
Cloth (0-7619-6466-5) £50.00
Paper (0-7619-6467-3) £16.99

For related publications, see