[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #407 - Ethnographers and human subjects

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 8 12:11:37 PDT 2002

Long (?) ago they brought some living specimens of exotic people to show them in
in public exhibitions and zoos
So any one from European suburbs can see a "real" Boshiman woman.
Michel

alrao> Message: 2
alrao> Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:43:21 -0400
alrao> To: air-l at aoir.org
alrao> From: Joe Walther <walthj at rpi.edu>
alrao> Subject: RE: [Air-l] Science News Online: The Social Net
alrao> Reply-To: air-l at aoir.org

alrao> Interesting discussion about research ethics, and I appreciate Jim Hudson's
alrao> perspective from the IRB point of view.  My interpretation of the Code of
snip
alrao> How do ethnographers deal with this when the Internet has nothing to do
alrao> with it?  (Seriously asking.)