[Air-l] Web-based Surveys

Ben Davidson bendavidson at totalise.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 09:05:20 PDT 2002

Hi Lon,

You ask about the practicalitites of designing online surveys with backend
db facilities.  I've just spent a few weeks teaching myself asp/sql code
(with substantial help from another listmember here!) to do just that.

I'd be interested to hear more about the software you mention, but also
skeptical as to its versatility.  It makes me think of Dreamweaver, which is
an excellent tool for building websites, but the amount of times I have to
go into the code and sort out problems leaves me thinking it would be
impossible to rely on it alone.  I imagine the same applies to the tool
you're aiming to use, and that it is likely to be useful if you are
designing lots of web-surveys with back-end db. to speed up the process, but
will not substitute for learning the code.

You can see the results of my labours here:
http://www.online-supervision.net/RegisterInterest.asp

Ben
(Available for hire!)