[Air-l] Policy and laws on e-health in European countries -2

Monica.Murero at MERIT.unimaas.nl Monica.Murero at MERIT.unimaas.nl
Fri Mar 1 06:10:34 PST 2002

Hi Antonio,
Thank you for your message, and thanks also
to all the other folks who wrote to me. For example,
Martin told me that in Germany
physicians are not allowed to do long distance
diagnosis based on the patients' description of
the symptoms (via e-mail, for example).

In other countries (remote areas of Australia,
Canada, or Alaska) long distance medical
practice is a necessity and a reality, for example
in cardiac patients monitoring.

How about Europe?
Antonio, do you know what policy or legislation is on
in your country, (Spain) in the health vs IT
field (Internet, telemedicine, etc.)?

Folks, does your (European) country regulate
the area of health and IT?

Non-European Folks: I 'll get back to you
for comparative studies on policy!

Thank you!
Monica Murero

P.S.: By the way, the conference organization
is proceeding very well in Maastricht!

AoIR 2002 Conference web site:
http://www.infonomics.nl/aoir

Monica Murero, PhD