[Air-l] research funding

geert lovink geert at desk.nl
Thu Mar 7 22:50:35 PST 2002

Dear list,

perhaps some of you could help me with this. I am looking for research
funding. Later on in the year MIT Press will publish two books of mine: Dark
Fiber, collected essays on critical Internet culture and Uncanny Networks,
interviews with international media theorists and artists. I have now
started writing the next one which will focus on Internet culture after the
dotcom crash and 911. Publishers are interested but won't fund the work.
They presuppose you've already have an income, which, for me, as an
independant media theorist and net critic, is not the case.

Any tip would be most welcome.

Yours,

Geert Lovink (Sydney)

New web archive: www.laudanum.net/geert