[Air-l] RE: Ethnic Spamming?? -- FWD:lakhani, incredible cricket

Walker, Steve [IES] S.Walker at lmu.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 01:41:18 PST 2002

Karim,

I'm not sure that the spammers as sophisticated as you imply. I got a copy of the same Cricinfo spam sent to the LTSC-LOM mailing list. A slightly different spin on this, though, is it's interesting to see that Cricinfo is resorting to these tactics. For any AIR-L people who share an interest in cricket, there's a fascinating piece on the evolution of the Cricinfo site (a volunteer-originated web site which has grown to become the sponsor of the main English domestic cricket tournament last season): Alastair Maclellan (2001), The Cricinfo Story, The New Ball Vol. 6 (an excellent journal, subtitled 'the best new cricket writing').

Steve

cricinfo123 at btv.org wrote:

> This will change the way you get cricket scores in your computer!
>
> Until now, you had to visit slow and tedious websites to get live ball
> by ball commentary...
>
> With this revolutionary software, you will never be stuck at those
> slow websites to get live score updates.
>
> The CricketBar relays simple commentary and ball by ball score
> directly to your desktop in a small window strip that you can dock at
> the botrtom or top of your screen.
>
> You continue to surf other sites or use your computer for whatever you
> want, while the score is relayed to you without interrupting your
work.
> This is so good, that within a few days we've had over 7000 users!
>
> With CricketBar you can now work and have fun at the same time!
>
> Get your FREE copy now at  >>>
> http://www.cricketbar.com/ref.asp?re=sonal

> --
> ===================================