[Air-l] trans-national diaspora networks

John Daly dalyj at erols.com
Tue Mar 12 14:30:15 PST 2002

You could look at the Three Pomegranate Network (Armenia). I think there is an evaluation done by Joanne Capper of an education project which they run to be found on the infoDev web site. As I recall they have funding from the Narod Foundation.

There was a "Knowledge Assessment" done for El Salvador with World Bank sponsorship, which looked at the use of the Internet to support linkages with the Salvadoran expatriate community. Michel Menou was involved I think.

You might look at the Irish Emigrant and the Irish Research Scientists Association and IrishAbroad.com as examples of the use of the Internet by and for the Irish diaspora community.

There is shortly to be published a seminar on ICTs in Africa sponsored by the National Intelligence Council last October which has annecdotal information on the effect of the Internet communication of West Africans in their home country's elections.

--
John Daly
http://www.geocities.com/stconsultant/