[Air-l] Internet research/Sub-saharan Africa

Rachel Harris R.Harris at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 08:42:14 PST 2002

Hi Robert

I think it might be useful to look at the imfundo project. This is an
initiative funded by the UK government's DfID (department for international
development) that is bringing partnerships to improve education in Africa
through IT.  The web site (http://www.imfundo.org/) includes a
'KnowledgeBank that is designed to share information about the use of ICT
for enhancing education across Africa'.  May give some pointers, if not in
depth research?

Regards,
Rachel

Dr Rachel A Harris
Scottish Centre for Research into On-Line Learning and Assessment
University of Glasgow
Florentine House
53 Hillhead Street
Glasgow, G12 8QQ