[Air-l] Re: Learning from Lachlan

Rob Furr rsfurr at curie.uncg.edu
Thu Mar 21 11:45:09 PST 2002

>ps on trolls: Guillaume Latzko-Toth, who I think is still on this list,
>gave an interesting paper at the Lawrence Kansas AIR which (iirc) talked
>about the rise of software-agent trolls inside IRC, much more
>sophisticated than the USENET agent-trolls which I think still roam to and
>fro.  A really neat topic for research: what happens when human and
>non-human trolls interact, I wonder?  Do they?

Yup. Kibo and Serdar Argic bumped metaphorical heads more than once, if I
recall correctly.(Assuming you accept the definition of kibo as a troll,
which is arguable either way.) Plus, there's the people who would mention
"turkey" in posts deliberately to trigger Serdar, which would be a human
troll using a bot as its trolling agent.

    Rob Furr