[Air-l] The Commons

Lachlan Brown lachlan at london.com
Sat Mar 16 18:27:22 PST 2002

The model of 'the commons' I am presently
researching (an action research - getting
back to the Real after rsearching the Real and the Net) is an industrial commons
with a number of needy people competing
over limited reources that fluctuate over
time. Its a relatively closed system with
landlord and contracted agents, as well as police and courts (tresspass law) impacting
upon it.

It is not a study of the impact of social
relations on ecology, though ecology does
impact the system. It is winter and this is
an open air context.

Yes, I find no tragedy occurs. Very little
strife among the competitors, all under
high stress within the system under study.

Lachlan

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html